Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fly Crimes and Misdemeanors

Bizarro is brought to you today by Olympic Athletes of Other Worlds.

Today's cartoon is a collaboration between my friend, Richard Cabeza and I. We were discussing how short fly's lives are and then came to the idea of appropriate jail terms. We didn't actually bother to look up the lifespan of the common housefly, of course, that would have been too much like work. One of the nice things about being a cartoonist is that nobody can really hold your feet to the flames about inaccuracies. "It's just a cartoon," is a pretty good defense in virtually any situation.

Tonight is the big comedy show in NYC. I'm a little edgy, as I always am before a show, and I can't keep myself from ad libbing punch lines and cracking wise. It's a subconscious thing as my mind prepares itself to think quickly, but it's obnoxious as hell and CHNW does her best to stay away from me and keep conversation down to a minimum until showtime. Hope to see some of you there.

Until tomorrow, be well, my friends, and keep your hands and feet inside the cockpit at all times.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the title on this one. Which reminds me.

Still looking for puns? Hard to think of something worthy of your special genius, but how about a riff on Mantrapreneur with a new age guy selling "OM" t-shirts, mugs, motivational posters and so on...

gih said...

That's cool comic design and presentation.

Allan Koay said...

pls post a YouTube video of your comedy show?

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I've been reading your comics in the SF Chronicle for years and that you are easily my favorite part of the paper. Your comics are always witty and fun. I'm so happy to find your blog. Thanks. Have a great weekend.

slaveofplastic said...

LOVE THIS! But it made me work. I looked it up and houseflies live 15 to 25 days. I've always wanted to know, thanks for the catalyst. :)