Friday, March 13, 2009

Celebrating Celebs

Bizarro is brought to you today by Questionable Public Behavior.

I think celebrities often go off the deep end because they are used to being above the rules. I've experienced this on rare occasions when a group in a small town invites me to perform or something. For an hour or two, they treat me like Mick Jagger or Dane Cook. I don't wait in lines, I get special favors, everyone treats me like gold, nobody disagrees with me or questions any whim. I don't take unfair advantage of those situations because they are so rare and I don't feel entitled to it. In fact, it's fairly embarrassing.

But if you lived every day of your life like that for years, I think there is a great temptation to begin to believe you really are that special and develop a general attitude that you are immune to the rules that guide most people. I think this explains some of the celebrity drug addictions, weapons possessions, speeding tickets, shoplifting arrests, and the way Bono looks on the recent cover of Rolling Stone magazine.

I hope I never get to the place that there is no one in my life who will stop me from leaving the house like that.

(DISCLAIMER: There are other reasons celebrities get into trouble. Lots of people who get into trouble are not celebrities. Some people are more prone to feeling entitled than others, whether they are celebrities or not. I like Bono's music and his work for charity. I am not equating myself with "real" celebrities. I don't think Mick Jagger and Dane Cook are crazy, I just used their pictures to illustrate a point. I really do, however, think that eye makeup on Bono is grotesque.)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry this is off-topic, but I wanted to let anyone who’s interested know that a new John Stossel special is airing tonight: “Bailouts, Big Spending, and Bull.” He’ll be tackling the problems with the “stimulus” plan, drug laws, eminent domain, and more. Be sure to check it out.

Anonymous said...

I think if Bono is going to go out of the house looking like that, he should be called "Bozo" or "Bongo".
Then again, perhaps that is why he always wears those goofy sunglasses.
Also, I wonder if celebrity mice think that their "droppings" don't smell.

derekamalo said...

i remember one of the first questions i asked dan outside of cartoon work is his tatste in music if i remeber correctly he was a fan of alternative music and named bands..he also had u2 on the list

my question is i f i make the trek to new york when thy perform on bridge will piraro be there

Anonymous said...

To quote Tim Gunn from Project Runway:
“When you first enter into the monkey house at the zoo, you think, ‘Oh my god this place stinks!’ And then after you’re there for 20 minutes you think, ‘it’s not so bad’ and after you’re there for an hour it doesn’t smell at all. And anyone entering the monkey house freshly thinks, ‘this stinks!’ You've been living in the monkey house.”

Most Celebs have been in their personal monkey house for too long and do not realize that their feces does not stink.

Thus... "Bono, sunshine, that stuff around your eyes is not glamor... it is crap"

ldisme said...

Happy Pi Day!

FIDO said...

I don't like what this post has become. A lot of arrogant jerks posting plain nonsense.


As most of you may know my grandpa or as they say in french pepere possesses a virgin ass.

doug nicodemus said...

sometimes you do cartoons that i just don't get...this is on but that's ok maybe i think too much

Anonymous said...

There is a lot of dry crap on this blog these days. I guess that would be the offshoot of a dull comic though.