Tuesday, May 6, 2008

One Less Teenager

Today's Bizarro is available in four designer finishes, including "Faux Suede" and "Vegas Bling!"

I'm not one of those cranky people who want to outlaw skateboarding in public areas, any more than I want to outlaw roller blades or bicycles. As a regular cyclist and motorcycle rider, I'd much sooner outlaw SUVs.

I do, however, think that if you're engaging in one of the aforementioned activities in public and hit a pedestrian, you should lose your constitutional rights for a period of 90 seconds. That means the offended party has a minute and a half to retaliate without fear of prosecution.

Seems fair to me.

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

That law sounds fair to me. I'll bet if you approached Mayor Bloomberg he would consider it.

askgreg said...

You have a brilliant sense of humor, I'll be coming often.

Karl said...

I'm not exactly sure why, but this cartoon brings to mind a scene from
"America's Funniest Home Videos," although funnier. I imagine the teen looking overboard saying: Wow! That was really cool man!!